Challenges resolved for the medical implant manufacturing process:
Medical implants require special profiles that support bone re-growth, plating adhesion, or a low Ra blended finish. Dust, embedded dry abrasive, and limited floor space in the manufacturing environment are traditional hurdles. Numerous in plant installations by Wet Technologies have proven to minimize or eliminate these hurdles.
Application A: Creating a rough, high Ra profile
Our unique low pressure, high volume/concentration allows the use of traditional white, or less costly, more durable BFA abrasive, or very high durability Alumina zirconia, with minimum or no embedment. Grit sizes to #14 are typical.
Application B: Blending and Smoothing Machine Marks
Depending on conditions, Ra profiles in the low single digits can be achieved!
Application C: Matting for cosmetic appearance
Utilizing round or angular media, a matt finish with a low Ra profile can be achieved. This is also used for surgical tools.
Application D: Deburr and Smooth
The first pass over the part uses higher regulated air pressure to accelerate the slurry to remove the burr. The pressure is then reduced, allowing the slurry to smooth the surface, helping to reduce steps.
Application E: Strip Hard Coatings
Without abrasive embedment.
Application F: High Pressure Water– No Abrasive. Manual and Automatic Closed Loop HP systems from 1,000 to 5,000 PSI to clean etched surfaces.
- Repeatable Process—Quality of the finish can be strictly controlled.
- The slurry cushions the process and can eliminate embedded abrasive.
- No chemicals! The Wet Tech Process uses water to carry the media.
- The Wet Tech Process is Dust Free—equipment can be installed in clean work cells to closely control Q/A. Risk of dust fires and explosions eliminated!
- Capabilities to Wet Blast, Rinse, and even Dry parts in One System.
- The Wet Tech Process provides Closed Loop, filtered water for rinsing.
- Can REPLACE Dry Blast, Hand Deburring, Drag or Vibratory processes, while able to get into tight corners and thru holes.
All stainless construction, Automated Rotary, Batch Loaded, In-Line, and Manual systems, depending on requirements and budget. We can perform part testing in our lab or through our local factory trained distributor.
Multiple steps and handling. No Dust Collector—Smaller Footprint. Reduced chemical usage.